Functional Skills English Level 2 Exam
Book your Functional Skills English Level 2 exams. Take your exams at an approved test centre or online with our remote exam invigilation.
You can sit your exams from home or anywhere with access to a laptop/computer and the internet under exam conditions.
Functional Skills Test Pass Rate
Test Centre Exams
Are you enrolled on a Functional Skills English course with Think Online Training?
If you are, please discuss booking your Functional Skills English exams with your English tutor.
If not, please read about our pre-assessment process before purchasing our Functional Skills English exam package.
Why is the pre-assessment necessary and what does it involve?
1. It ensures you are ready for your final exams and will help you avoid paying for resits.
2. You’ll complete a short test that will assess your skill level in each English topic that will be on the final exams. Your scores will help us find out if you’re ready for your final exams.
If you’re ready for your final exams, you’ll complete the steps below. If you’re not ready for your final tests, one of our English tutors will recommend a personal learning program. We’ll help you get you ready for the final exams as quickly possible.
3. Your tutor will contact you to discuss the speaking and listening exam. Your tutor will advise you on how to prepare for the exam and give you any support and guidance you need. You’ll need access to a computer with a camera and microphone to complete the speaking and listening exam online.
4. You’ll be provided with 4 mock tests: 2 Reading and 2 Writing. You will be required to sit these under exam conditions at home. Please don’t cheat! The mock tests will help you become more familiar with the exam style and format and ensure you’re able to complete within the allocated time.
Remember: by cheating, you are only cheating yourself; resits are NOT free!
Your tutor will aim to mark your mock tests and return them with feedback within 2 weeks.
5. If you’re successful with your mock tests, we will register you for the final tests. It’s possible to complete the Reading and Writing exams on the same day but you can book them on separate days if you’d prefer to.
6. It may take up to 6 weeks to get your results. We’ll send your E-Certificates by email and post your paper certificates.
7. Remember: should you need to resit any of your exams, you will need to pay the exam fees again! These pre-assessments will help give you the best possible chance at passing the exams first time and save you time and money in the long run.
Functional Skills English Level 2 Exam & Pre-Assessment
Important: we aim to respond within 2 hours of payment between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm Monday to Friday. For payments made out-of-hours we’ll respond within one working day to arrange your pre-assessment.
Test Centre Exams
What is the duration of the exam?
Reading - 1 hour
Writing - 1 hour 20 minutes
Speaking & Listening - up to 30 minutes
Is the exam on-screen or paper-based?
On-screen. Unfortunately we do not offer paper-based examinations.
Who is the exam accredited with?
We'll give you a choice of examining bodies. Do you need your certificate urgently? We'll recommending the examining body with the quickest turnaround for exam results.
What is the pass mark for the exam?
Indicative pass marks are an indication of what the pass mark will be. Please see the table below for indicative pass marks for each course.
|Level||Subject||Marks available||Indicative Pass Mark (Upper end of the range of pass marks)|
When will I get my results for the final exam?
It can take up to 6 weeks to get your results for the final exam, plus postage time.
If you need your results quickly, we can provide an e-certificate while your certificates are in the post.
- Exam: Functional Skills English
- Entry Requirements: You are required to demonstrate an ability to pass the mock tests before being put forward for the exams
- Duration: The English exams are made up of three elements: Reading; Writing; and Speaking, Listening and Communicating (SLC). The Reading exam is 1 hour; Writing 1 hour 20 mins; SLC up to 30 minutes
- Resit Cost: £99 per exam
- Results: up to 6 weeks